Ensures that volunteers and children are appropriately recruited, enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process.
Primary job location is split between Marshfield and Stevens Point, with more time in Stevens Point during training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess volunteer “fit” to BBBS. Conduct volunteer enrollments, including: individual orientations, interviews, and completion of any other enrollment processes. Assess the necessity of home visits and complete as indicated.
- Conduct client enrollments including parent/child interviews, child safety education and enrollment processes. Assess and refer families for alternative or additional services as needed.
- Ensure a high-level of proficiency and skill in applying child safety and risk management knowledge, policies and procedures throughout all aspects of job function. Identify child safety issues for volunteers, children and their families.
- Review all enrollment information and assessments and make recommendations for participation in the program based on this information. Assess and apply factors contributing to successful match. Effectively align volunteer interests and qualifications with service options of agency . Consult with other service delivery staff and/or supervisor as appropriate.
- Provide comprehensive assessments and match support recommendations for volunteer and child participation in the program based upon assessments of each individual volunteer. Maintain accurate and timely records for each match according to standards and utilize technology to report, synthesize and analyze data.
- Recruit volunteers and increase community awareness in community, corporate, collegiate and civic environments.
- Work closely with school districts to establish and maintain site-based mentoring programs within schools
- Assist with fundraising activities and events.
Minimum Bachelors degree in social services, human resources or related field is required.
Years of Related Work Experience :
Experience working with both child and adult populations; specific assessment, intake or interview experience preferred. Minimum of two years experience in a human service position desired. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Job Type: Part-time