Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Marketing & Development Manager is responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of United Way’s communication and resource development strategy. Responsible for the creation and development of original content for media outlets, website, social media, and all marketing campaigns. The position will bring community awareness and support to United Way’s mission.
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities. It contains only the facts necessary to evaluate the position fairly.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to develop plan, strategies, and oversee the execution of year‐round development, community building, programs, special events and marketing strategies. Design and create all organizational marketing materials for all development and programs;
- Develop and produce content for electronic communications for use in the annual campaign, donor communications, social media, website, annual report, etc.
- Continual development and maintenance of website and social media channels for community and campaign purposes.
- Oversee the planning and organization of special events.
- Develop and cultivate professional relationships with key volunteers, business leaders, individual donors, and other leaders as necessary.
- Speak publicly on behalf of the organization; educate volunteers, workforce communities, and others about the United Way’s mission, impact, and community needs.
- Cultivate and develop new giving campaigns.
- Track, monitor, and analyze program and campaign data and results to use in marketing, impact statistics, and evaluate goals.
- Research trends in development, fundraising, monitor local environment, etc. and make suggestions regarding marketing, gift cultivation, other.
- Assists in other areas as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations or related field and/or two to five years of equivalent related experience.
- Strong conceptual skills to take projects form design concept through execution with minimal supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strict attention to detail and ability to work quickly, efficiently, and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Competent with Adobe Creative Suite including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Service-oriented; a team player.
- Prior experience working in not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Believes in own capabilities and knowledge to affect positive outcomes and even succeed where others may not and demonstrates that attitude in performing day-to-day activities.
- Self-motivated by the desire to accomplish goals and have exceptional performance; very open to receiving constructive feedback.
- Understands that change is necessary to evolve as a person and an organization, and reflects that in the context of daily work, handling change without becoming disengaged.
- Displays an on-going commitment to learning and self-improvement in areas that are job and/or organization relevant.